At Old North State Trust, our professional staff has over 256 years of combined experience, giving us knowledge and resources needed to handle all aspects of the important, personal matters which may arise with compassion and complete confidentiality.
We will work with you to develop an appropriate, customized estate plan and can serve as an Executor or Co-Executor if you wish. As a vital member of your team, we are available for one-on-one consultations at your convenience to ensure that your wishes are met and loved ones are cared for as you intended.
As trustee, we will:
- Meet with clients and other advisors to discuss the administration and investment objectives of the trust as well as the needs and goals of the client
- Develop and administer an ongoing investment program for the trust
- Continually monitor the portfolio and make adjustments as needed
- Regularly meet with clients to stay abreast of their needs and to keep them informed of ever changing tax and legal issues pertinent to them
Estate Administrative Services include:
- Probate administration
- Meet with family members to discuss their needs and concerns
- Arrange for sufficient funds to be available for the family and for administration expenses
- Gather and value assets
- Complete all required filings
- Make final distribution of assets in accordance with the terms of the will or trust
Special Needs Trust
Many of us take for granted the ability to go through our day to day lives and provide for ourselves. Even in perfect health some of us struggle to handle personal financial matters successfully. Living with a disability can make that challenge even more complicated.
Trust accounts help beneficiaries protect their privacy, minimize the tax impact on an estate, and organize and implement the distribution of assets upon the account grantor’s demise. Furthermore, the benefits of a trust account for someone with a disability can far exceed those previously mentioned.
How Can We Help
At Old North State Trust, we pride ourselves in taking a personal interest in every client’s specific needs. We understand that every disability and client’s situation is unique and customize the account provisions to best fit the requirements of the client. With a trust account of this nature, our goal is to lessen the burden of financial management so that clients can focus their attention where it is needed most– caring for their loved one. Contact us for more information.
As the corporate Trustee of a trust account, ONST can handle financially related matters, ranging from record-keeping to bill payment to processing tax returns, based on the needs and requested provisions of you, the client. We can also provide the expertise needed to invest and protect your assets, as well as furnish the financial resources for your expenses for years to come.
As trustee, we will:
- Assist with estate planning and long-term care decision-making
- Maintain conformity with the trust’s provisions
- Pay for supplementary expenses not covered by the SSI program
- Record-keeping and assessment for tax purposes
- Quarterly statements
We believe our fee schedule is very competitive and much lower in many cases. No fees will be incurred for beneficiary distributions, the purchase or sale of assets, or the primary residence if it is held in both spouses’ names. See an Old North State Trust Officer for information regarding our fee schedules.